Friday 13 February 2015

EXTRAORDINARY PICTURES OF BABIES TAKING THEIR FIRST BREATH AFTER BEING BORN !!!

Hello guys,
Welcome to chitoo's diary.  Check this out : Extraordinary pictures capture babies taking their first breath after being born by Caesarean section

 Christian Berthelot captures babies born by C-sectionInspired by his son's own first moments covered in blood and vernixThe images capture babies less than 20 seconds after their birth Bloody and bawling, they emerge from the womb to take a first, momentous breath.

These intensely intimate photographs capture birth in its raw glory as each baby is delivered by caesarean section, lifted from its mother and held to the light.Taken by French photographer Christian Berthelot,each frame is shot within the child's first 20 seconds of life.

 The 38-year-old from Brittany, France, started project just six months after his own son was born. +8A new exhibition in Paris features a series of pictures of babies just seconds after they are born by caesarean section.p.m.2kg 800 - 18 seconds of life+8Liza - born February 26, 2013 at 8:45 am3kg 200 - 3 seconds of life Dr. Jean-François Morienval, an obstetrician in the hospital where his son was born, asked Christian if he would be interested in taking a series of portraits on the profession of midwifery.





After a long discussion, the pair decided that the best solution would be for Christian to join the doctors and nurses in the theatre while the child was being born through c-section.The planning needed to undertake the project then took six months, with Christian needing training to work in a surgical  weight loss vow at wedding where she felt too fat to be a bridesmaidChristian said of the first time he was in surgery to take the photos: 'I thought back to the birth of my son.








The whole team was there and attentive. 'The doctor watched me from the corner of his eye, to see how I would react if I was going to faint or run away. And I did not even know how I felt. 'So I hid behind my camera and I did my job.'+8Louann - born April 12, 2013 at 8:40 am3kg 574 - 14 seconds life+8Romane - born May 20, 2014 at 10:512kg 935 - 8 seconds of life Christian continued: 'Everything went very quickly. It was a big slap in my face. I made photographs throughout the duration of the surgery. 'When everything was over and everything was fine, I went home. I drank coffee and waited several days.'I knew I was not going to look at the world the same way.'After taking the five pictures that the doctor asked for over a period of weeks, Christian realised that the photographs they had worked on together provided a unique way of looking at birth. Since then, he has gone on to photograph more than 40 different babies in the first few seconds outside the womb, which is now being shown at an exhibition in Paris called the CESAR series. He said: 'My perspective on the birth has changed. I discovered the dangers of birth. 'It is for this reason that I have decided to show the beginnings of a new human being, during the first seconds of his life. I am interested in those first seconds only.'And what continues to amaze me is that it never stops. With each passing moment, a child is born, from all over the world, all the time, births never stop.+8Lize - born December 24, 2013 at 8:49 am3kg 574 - 9 seconds of life+8Kevin - born December 27, 2013 at 10:36 am4kg 366 - 13 seconds of life+8Leanne - born April 8, 2014 at 8:31 am1kg 745 - 13 seconds of life Christian acknowledges that some people might find these pictures difficult to look at, but he says that he sees beauty when he looks at the images. He said: 'I know there are people who react very badly, who find it disgusting, they tell me that I do not have the right to show the children in the bloodstream.



No comments:

Post a Comment