Sunday, 22 February 2015


Hello guys and welcome to Chitoo's Diary.

The people of Umudim, Umuezeala community in Ehime Mbano local council area of Imo State, have been thrown serious agony, following the death of a six-month old baby girl in a mysterious fire that razed their family apartment.

Confirming the ugly incident to newsmen, the father of the dead baby, Mr.

Clement Anthony, who also claimed to be a tenant in the burnt building, said he was yet to get to terms with what led to his baby’s death.

He recalled that he went out with his wife to purchase drugs they wanted to administer on one of his children that was slightly sick.

“Honestly, I cannot say exactly what ignited the fire. My wife and I, went to a nearby medicine store to buy some drugs for our sick child.

We returned only to behold the fire disaster”, Anthony recounted with grief.According to the bereaved father, they saw four of their five children outside and looking helplessly at the burning building, adding that on inquiry, they were told that the last baby was still lying in one of the rooms.

 “I peeped through one of the holes on the door and noticed the raging flame. I went in through the window and not minding the huge flame, I rushed into the room where our baby girl was lying and brought her out, and handed her over to my wife”, the man lamented.

Continuing, the man said that his wife quickly rushed the baby to a nearby hospital but was declared dead on arrival by the medical team in the establishment.

Leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment