Wednesday 22 July 2015

23Yr Old Barren Woman Steals 5-yr-Old Boy in Rivers (Photo)




A 23-year-old woman, who was arrested by men of the Rivers State Police Command, has confessed how he stole a five-year-old boy from his parents.
The suspect, Chisa Ejionwu, said she decided to steal the boy after she was told that her chances of having a baby were slim.
Ejionwu, on Tuesday said that she stole the boy, Michael, at Ogbogoro in the Obio/Akpo Local Government Area.

The suspect stole the boy on April 17, 2015, and took him to Ogbakiri in the Emeoha Local Government Area where she registered him in one of the schools in the area.
Luck, however, ran out her when she was seen by a neighbour to the boy’s parents while she was taking him (Michael) to school in the morning.
Ejionwu, who engaged the neighbour in a quarrel, was immediately dragged to the traditional ruler of the place in Emeoha.
It was learnt that the boy’s grandfather, Mr. Michael Ibiamana, was contacted and he went to the traditional ruler’s palace.
The grandfather said they had been looking for Michael since April 17, 2015, and had declared him missing.
“I was surprised when one of my neighbours called me to say my grandson has been found and that I should come to the palace of the traditional ruler.
“When I got there, the lady that stole my grandson insisted that the boy was his son. I went out and brought in a team of policemen, who arrested everybody.
“It was when we were all brought to state police command headquarters that the lady that stole my grandson confessed,” Ibiamana said.
Ejionwu, who was in tears, said she had undergone an operation and was told that she would no longer be able to bear children.

“I subsequently decide to steal the boy and registered him in a school. It was when I was taking him to school that a lady that recognised the boy confronted me. I was not planning to sell the child. I only wanted to have him for myself,” Ejionwu said.

The boy’s pregnant mother, Evelyn, expressed gratitude to the police, adding that she fainted when she learnt that her son was missing.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ahmad Mohammad, said Ejionwu would be prosecuted at the end of ongoing investigation.
Source: Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment