Saturday 18 July 2015

Check out what this guy did :Medical student is in big trouble after taking a SELFIE while delivering a woman's baby at a hospital in Venezuela



A student obstetrician has sparked outrage by posting a picture of himself in front of a woman in labour.

Daniel Sanchez uploaded the image onto his Instagram page alongside the caption: 'Lady I can deliver your baby but first let me take a selfie'.

More than 5,000 people have now called for his conduct to be investigated, after the picture - taken at a hospital in Venezuela - was posted online.

Selfie: Student obstetrician Daniel Sanchez uploaded this image (without being blurred) onto his Instagram page alongside the caption: 'Lady I can deliver your baby but first let me take a selfie'




The image shows a woman, naked from her waist down, giving birth. Another obstetrician appears to be delivering the baby behind Sanchez.

According to Vice, Sanchez said his team can 'bring kids into the world and reconstruct p******', and that women can made 'brand new, like a car with zero kilometers on the clock'.

A petition has been set up by Roses Revolution, a movement against obstetric violence, calling on the student to be investigated and for the hospital to 'take the measures that you consider appropriate'.

More than 5,000 people have called for Daniel Sanchez' conduct to be investigated after he posted the picture of the woman in labour

One signatory wrote: 'I'm signing because I cannot think of one explanation that could deem this acceptable.'

Another said: 'I'm fuming! This is disgusting! I am a mother and I had an emergency c-section. I can't think of anything worse. An absolute abomination.'

Sanchez has reportedly apologised for any offence caused by the image, but denies taking the picture himself.

He said the woman he photographed is respected because 'you cannot see her genitals or face' and says she gave consent, Vice reports.

Student obstetrician Daniel Sanchez uploaded the image, taken in a hospital in Venezuela, onto his Instagram page with the caption: 'Lady I can deliver your baby but first let me take a selfie.



No comments:

Post a Comment