Sunday 16 August 2015

I first saw my wife having extra marital affairs in my dreams, man tells court


A 43-year-old fashion designer, Mr Musiliu Bolaji, had approached an Ikorodu Customary Court in Lagos State to seek dissolution of his 13-year-old marriage to his wife, Memunat, over an alleged act of infidelity.

The petitioner was alleged to have accused his wife of an adulterous act, bad manners and trouble-making.

“I dreamt, on several occasions, that my wife was having extra marital affairs, I confronted her but she denied it. I have also caught her red handed with her ex-boyfriend.

“She had once confessed of her infidelity act, but later denied it, though she didn’t know that I recorded her confession.
“More so, she is very rude and troublesome, I warned her to desist from her adulterous manner but she wouldn’t listen.
“I reported to my mother-in-law but she refused to call her daughter to order while my wife did not desist from her adulterous act,’’ he said.

“I am no more interested in the marriage,” Bolaji, a resident of Omobolaji Avenue, in Ikorodu, said.
The 33-year-old Memunat, however, denied all the claims by her husband whom she accused of having another wife.

The trader and mother of three children said, “My husband has another wife which he didn’t tell me about ; but the lady in question, confronted me herself and told me she is my junior wife.
“We have been living in peace until recently when he changed his attitude toward me.

 I do not want to leave my husband, I pray the court to help us settle our disputes,” Memunat said.
 President of the court, Mr Olu Adebiyi, ordered the couple to bring their family members to court at the next sitting for possible reconciliation.
Adebiyi, however, adjourned the case till September 7, for further hearing.

Tribune. 

2 comments: