Sunday 9 August 2015

What I hate about media – Obasanjo



Former President Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has said that he did not hate the media as being rumoured, saying, he hates ‘ irresponsible journalism’.
Obasanjo said this recently while hosting the state correspondent of Premium Times ,Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji on his birthday held at Obasanjo Hilltop Private Residence in Abeokuta,Ogun State Capital.
Obasanjo who stressed that ,he was not against genuine criticism from the media, saying, journalists are expected to play meaningful roles in the society.
He advised that the practitioners must always be sincere and committed to the ethics of the profession.
He said “I remain myself and I will continue to remain myself in being blunt. I don’t hate the media,but there are some bad eggs in the profession,and this must not be allowed,and the truth must be told. However,not all journalists are bad”.
He however, disclosed that he had discussed extensively the menace in the profession in his book,’My Watch’,stressing that ‘bad journalism’ should not be allowed to strive.
He said he would not stop to condemn such act in all ramifications and would continue to celebrate the good ones. 
Vanguard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment