Tuesday 15 September 2015

I’m not ready to marry my baby mama now — Tayo Faniran


Background
I was born in 1986 and raised in Oyo State. I have lived in South Africa, since 2008 and recently moved back to Nigeria. I have a Higher National Diploma in Shipping Management and Logistics from the Maritime Academy, Lagos. I also trained as a Nigerian Merchant Navy to please my parents. Because my dad wanted me to become a veterinary doctor, I studied at the Federal College of Animal Health and Technology, for about two years before leaving to pursue other interests. I love to describe myself as an international model, actor, TV host, and recording artiste.
Modelling
I began modelling when I turned 17. My older cousin, Lanre Akinyemi, who was a model, introduced me to the industry. I was a professional model with Boss Model International in Johannesburg, South Africa, where I was previously a resident. Although I had been on the runway numerous times, I got my big break when I sealed a three-year modelling contract with Star Modelling Agency, Johannesburg in 2010. Shortly after, I took part in a huge commercial for a United Kingdom-based energy firm and it was an eye-opening and rewarding experience.
Big Brother Africa
I attended several BBA auditions before I was eventually selected to represent Nigeria at the competition. I attended the BBA screening for the first time in 2009. Making it to the final stage of the Big Brother Africa Reality TV show was a humbling experience as it boosted my career. I don’t regret not winning the competition.
Music
I’m not into music to prove any point but for the love of it. I have always had a flair for music and I think that anyone, who watched me closely in the BBA house, got a hint of that aspect of my life. I am also a very good drummer and I have an ear for good music. I was a part of a music group back in secondary school but never took it seriously up until now. My most recent single is a song, dedicated to victims of the xenophobia attacks in South Africa. It was produced by a Gambian, popularly known as Snow.
Acting
I currently play the role of Soji, which used to be played by Gbenro Ajibade, in Tinsel. I am just a temporary replacement on the TV series as well as co-host of the MNET TV programme, Star Gist.
Achievements
Before BBA, I featured in a couple of TV commercials and billboard campaigns for some of the biggest brands in Nigeria and Africa. I am skilled in creative designing and I design my clothes. I am also a business consultant and the owner of a foundation that focuses on agricultural development and social responsibility.
Style
I cannot be caught wearing a woman’s outfit. I have strutted many runways clad in swimsuit, men’s briefs and African attire but I would never wear female clothing.Style to me is a religion and a way of live. I believe in my style. I am not one to be easily swayed by fashion or follow the bandwagon. I love to create a unique identity whenever I wear an outfit.
Relationship
I am currently in an exciting relationship and I have a son. The wedding bells will soon ring but I am not under pressure to get married. The mother of my son is comfortable with our relationship and we live together so, we can give our child the best of everything.
We are not getting married now and it’s our personal decision. I love marriage, and my parents are still happily married and living together. I don’t pray to encounter any problems in my marriage when I eventually get wedded. I also want to get married and enjoy the gains of marital life.

PUNCH. 

No comments:

Post a Comment