Tuesday 20 October 2015

Shocking : A British woman raped in Turkey & gets an apology from the rapist on Facebook

A British holidaymaker, Fern Westland, 20, claims she was raped on a beach by a waiter, who then apologised on Facebook.  Fern said she had befriended Sabri Demir during her stay in Alanya in Turkey last month. But she says the holiday turned to horror when he dragged her on to a beach and subjected her to a sustained sex attack, the Daily Record reports .

Fern said: “I want him off the streets to make sure he can’t target any other women like me.”
Fern said she was left further shaken when Demir messaged her, admitting the attack and even apologising.

She said she is too traumatised to leave her home in Fife.
She said:
“We had been at a local restaurant called Brothers and had been introduced to the owner’s brother and his friend, who agreed to show my friends and I to a club. “Everything had been fine until Sabri got drunk and started touching me inappropriately.
“I told my friends I wanted to leave the club as I didn’t want to be anywhere near him but he insisted on grabbing a lift home with us.”
Fern said her friend had gone into their hotel opposite the beach when she was attacked.
She said:
“Sabri grabbed me from behind and slammed his hand over my mouth. “I couldn’t breathe and was trying to push him off me but he dragged me along the sand before holding me down and raping me. “I was trying to scream but he just kept telling me to shut up.
“I was terrified and couldn’t breathe, I knew I had to get away from him. I was afraid I was going to die. “Then I managed to get him off me and I ran to my friend in the hotel.”
Fern claimed that hours later, Demir began to send her messages on FB. She said he told her:
“I’m really sorry. I don’t know why I did that. Please forgive me.”
Sabri Demir
Traumatised Fern only felt safe enough to talk to police when she returned to Scotland a week later.
She said: “I went in to complete shock. I was so afraid of having to fly home alone, I just kept quiet until we returned. Since then, the police have come to see me several times and have taken a statement. “They have taken pictures of my bruises on my body and are going to contact the Turkish authorities.”
Fern added: “I want something done about him. I know it happened in a different country and I know it may be a long process.”
Detective Sergeant Calum Lawrie, of Fife’s public protection unit, said: “On Thursday, 8 October, we received a report of the serious sexual assault of a 20-year-old woman that took place in Turkey on Friday, 25 September.
“We are conducting initial inquiries and all the information gathered will be provided to the Turkish authorities for them to progress the investigation.”
When Daily Record contacted Demir on Facebook, Demir replied:
“Sorry, I am so sorry. I did not do anything. I have not had sex with her.”
He then contacted Fern on Facebook, writing:
“Sorry. I am so sorry. “Why are you complaining about me? Why are you complaining to me for sex? You really did not complain to me.” “I don’t have sex with you.”
Fern demanded that Demir admit what he had done.
He responded: “I don’t have sex with you. No, just kiss you. “I’m not afraid.”

No comments:

Post a Comment