Saturday 31 October 2015

VIDEO: Nigeria too broke, cannot afford 36 ministers – Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari


Nigeria’s Head of State, President Muhammadu Buhari, has broken his silence on the brouhaha that trailed the confirmation of some members of his ministerial nominees.

In an interview he granted Channels TV on Friday, the president explained that the nomination was based on team work.
“You see, this is a team work. There’s no A, there’s no B. I say I know people but theire are other people I acceipt from our other people in our team that I trust without even knowing them. Maybe those that have problem in the national assembly, I doubt if I have ever met them in my life. Whether Amaechi or others, I didn’t walk into the presidency alone. I have to depend on all the 2-tiers of government from all parts of the country. We cannot walk outside the constitution. You see, there must be a representative from the cabinet of each state.”
On whether he intends to reduce the number of ministers, the President said;
“Of course. Unless you can volunteer to be paying them. The country is too broke.”
He also reacted to insinuations that his administration is too slow;
“Where’s the money. The FG had to help 27 states out of 36 to pay salaries. Nigeria cannot pay salaries. The FG had to summon the governor of Central Bank on how to pay salaries. Not to talk of projects, the agreements we signed with foreign countries…and so on”
On what he wants to be remembered for, President Buhari said;
“Yes, if we survive it, I want to be remembered that Nigerians has found out that I was genuine. That I was only a patriot. Not that I only fought the civil war but that I fought corruption to stand still.

No comments:

Post a Comment