Monday 30 November 2015

Nollywood Actress Sapphire Adaobi Obi Crushes On Pastor Chris Okotie


Fast-rising Nollywood actress Sapphire Adaobi Obi in a recent interview with Nigeriafilms.com, talked about her debut in Nollywood, her parents’ opinion of her career, marriage in which she mentioned Pastor Chris Okotie as her crush.
Below is an excerpt from the interview;
So can we get to know more about you and how acting started for you?
I am from Ojoto in Idemili South LGA of Anambra state. Well I have been acting for more than seven years now. Though I took a break to have my kids from 2011 to 2013 but came back 2014 and I have been on since then. It’s been a battle but I have been through it believing that I will be noticed for my talent one day and it’s all getting better. Currently studying business admin in Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT). I was born 22nd march. I grew a better part of my life in Aba, Abia state, before I came to Lagos in 2007 to act. I attended lots of audition yet no one noticed me. I actually landed the big one in 2009, with Fidelis Duker’s ‘Girls Next Door.’ From the year I started acting up until 2009 it’s been like a joke, no real jobs. It was Fidelis Duker’s ‘Girls Next Door’ that made me feel like I’m getting there. Later then I got married, had two boys and the roles started coming in. Will I say my kids gave me luck or that God has a way of favoring you when you have responsibilities?

Can you mention some of the movies you have featured in?
I have done lots and lots of Nollywood flicks like, Anambra Women, Royal Mission, Amarachi, Juju, Black Forest, Village Captains, Okombo, Stubborn Hunters, Caro The Iron Bender, with the latest flick, Boss is Mine, which is a comedy movie, produced and directed by Okechukwu Oku and will be premiered in London, USA, and Nigeria by January 2016.
So, what was your parent’s opinion on your choice of career?
The soil was carefully prepared; the seeds were planted years in advance. When you have a child you know is born with a gift you give her all the support to go into the world and achieve great feats. My parents believed in my talent so much and everything I say in that house is echoed by everyone that’s the power of belief. When you have everyone sees it even your parents.
Are you ready to give marriage another chance and can you marry an entertainer?
I can never settle with an entertainer. I will prefer to marry a pastor. Pastors are my crush and I’m currently crushing on Chris Okotie (Laughs).
Are you saying you are ready to marry a pastor if the opportunity comes?
Yes, why not, that’s my fantasy. In a world full of chaos and discontentment, being in the arms of one who loves God and prophesies, will be more than soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment