Thursday 12 November 2015

Photos : Human trafficking victim was ‘raped 43,000 times’


Karla-Jacinto


A woman has claimed she was raped more than 43,000 times after becoming trapped in Mexico’s human trafficking industry.
Karla Jacinto estimates she was raped around 43,200 times after being forced to sleep with at least 30 men a day for the last four years.
She says she was first targeted at the age of 12 by a trafficker who prized her away from her dysfunctional family with gifts and money.She was eventually taken to Guadalajara, one of Mexico’s biggest cities, and forced to work as a prostitute.
She told CNN:
“I started at 10am and finished at midnight. Some men would laugh at me because I was crying.”I had to close my eyes so that that I wouldn’t see what they were doing to me, so that I wouldn’t feel anything.He punched me with his fists, he kicked me, pulled my hair, spit at me in the face… he also burned me with the iron.”
She was rescued in 2008 as part of an anti-trafficking operation in Mexico City.
Now aged 23, she is looking to raise awareness of Mexico’s human trafficking crisis – with an estimated 20,000 women believed to fall victim every year, according to International Organisation for Migration.

No comments:

Post a Comment