Thursday 5 November 2015

Sport News : Super eagles midfielder arrested in Sweden

 

Former Super Eagles midfielder, Dickson Etuhu, 33, was arrested in Sweden on Sunday Nov. 1st after allegedly being involved in a scuffle with security guards and police officers outside a night club.
Dickson who previously played for Manchester City, Sunderland, Fulham and Blackburn, is now signed on with Stockholm-based side AIK.
According to reports, Dickson and two other men were denied entrance to the club venue, before the police were called to the scene. 
He has since released a statement via his club website confirming the incident. He wrote
“I want to confirm that I am the AIK player that was involved in the incident that has been reported in the media during the last two days. I’m coming forward because I don’t want any more speculation surrounding my team-mates about who was involved and I have always stood up for my actions. 

I have talked to my club and the police about what in my opinion happened on Sunday night, and I will today file a report to the police about what I believe caused the incident and the way the security staff acted. I have no further comments since it is now an ongoing police investigation.”. 

His club director of football, Björn Wesström said” It’s never good news when anyone in our club is involved in this kind of matter. I have been in contact with the player and had a good conversation with him in which he calmly gave his version of the story.”

Sad-Eagles

No comments:

Post a Comment