Saturday 5 December 2015

New heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury says women's best place is in the kitchen & on their backs



Tyson Fury, the new heavyweight boxing champion has caused more controversy this week by saying women are better off in the kitchen and on their backs. Fury, who defeated Wladmir Klitschko last week to win the WBA,WBF and IBF titles last month made comments about homosexuals so his latest comments on women will only bring more criticism his way.

Tyson Fury was nominated for BBC's Sports Person of the year but an online petition that has gotten over 30,000 signatures to remove his name from the nominee list will only get more signatures after his latest comments.


The footage that emerged has a publication date of November 25. When asked his opinion on women in boxing, Fury focused on the ring girls rather than athletes.
'I think they are very nice when they're walking around that ring holding them cards,' he said. 'I like them actually, they give me inspiration, when I'm tired and I see them wiggling around with their round two, round eight...I think women in boxing is very good.'
When pushed further on women actually boxing, Fury claimed he is 'not a sexist'.
'It's up to everybody what they want to do,' he said. 'I'm all for it I'm not a sexist. I believe if a man can to go work all his life a woman can. Who am I to say "don't do that cos you're a girl"? But I believe a woman's best place is in the kitchen and on her back, that's my personal belief. Making me a good cup of tea, that's what I believe.'
Fury immediately laughed off the comment but when asked about British heptathlete Ennis-Hill during the hour-long interview, this is what he said.
'That's the runner isn't it?' he replied. 'I think she's good, she's won quite a few medals for Britain, she slaps up good as well, when she's got a dress on she looks quite fit.'

No comments:

Post a Comment