Monday 11 January 2016

My pastor asked me to lie that armed robbers snatched my boss's car - suspect



A 25 year old company driver identified as Daniel Ogunlade has been arrested by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), Lagos Police Command for stealing the official bus of a company which he works with.

Tribune reports that Daniel who stole the car when he went on an errand for his boss, was tracked down by the police in Ifo, Ogun state with the bus.
When interrogated, Daniel who had worked with his boss for three years, disclosed that he was on his way to the Muritala Mohammed International Airport Ikeja to pick up a guest of his boss when he received a call from his Pastor to bring the bus to their church.
He said his pastor told him to tell his boss that armed robbers stole the bus and N150, 000 from him.
“When I was on Third Mainland Bridge around 11.30 a.m., en route Muritala Muhammed International Airport to pick a client, I received two calls. One was from my father who told me that my mum was sick and the other one was from my pastor who directed that I should proceed to his church in Adiyan, Ogun State. As if propelled by forces beyond me, I headed straight to the church with the company’s bus. This was contrary to my itinerary for the day, which was to wait at the airport for the client with a delayed flight, drop him in Ajao Estate and give some people N150, 000 and return the vehicle to Lekki. At the church, the pastor told me to drop the hamper for him, even when I told him that my boss said I should give it to someone at the airport. He then asked if I knew that the day, December 24, 2015, was Imoke Day. I answered in the affirmative, and he directed me again to join the church there. A church member, Oyetade, joined me in the bus and I was in Ifo to buy fuel when the bus stopped moving.

I invited an electrician and he was about to start working on it when we the police came. I called the pastor at about 7.30 p.m. to inform him that the bus had stopped working and he replied that I should tell my boss that armed robbers snatched the bus from me. But I didn’t know what to say when my boss called me. I can’t explain exactly how I got to where the police arrested me. My boss was doing his best. He was paying me N60,000 monthly as salary. Though I am struggling with my finances, I never planned to steal the vehicle,” he said.
The suspect and his accomplice has been taken to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) unit, Ikeja, for further investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment