Sunday 17 January 2016

(Photos) Acid attack survivor becomes the face of a fashion label she created in India


23-year-old acid attack victim, Rupa, has turned an ugly incident in her life and made a beautiful story out of it. In 2008, Rupa was attacked with acid by her stepmother. She dropped her surname after being disowned by her father, who supported his wife over her. 

According to Rupa, she had always dreamt of becoming a designer but after the attack, she had to pause her dreams as she walked in shame with a scarf covering her face.
"I always wanted to be a designer but after the attack there was a pause in my life. I was so insecure and embarrassed by my scars I used to cover my face with a scarf. I always hung onto my dream but I never knew that one day it would be possible and I would be launching my own label" she told Dailymail.
Years after, she has been able to conquer her fears as she has launched her own clothing line and is modeling them alongside other acid attack survivors. What an amazing story! See more photos of Rupa and her models




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment