Tuesday 16 February 2016

BUSTED: Woman catches step-son raping daughter


A Gokwe woman had the shock of her life when she caught her stepson red-handed raping his stepsister.

The 24-year-old man from Chief Chireya area in Gokwe pleaded not guilty to rape.

He was however, sentenced to 16 years in prison by Kwekwe-Gokwe regional magistrate Amos Mbobo due to overwhelming evidence.

“Your Worship, I did not rape my sister. My stepmother hates me so much that she made a false report against me,” he said. Passing sentence, magistrate Mbobo said the evidence provided showed that the accused committed the offence.

“Instead of protecting your half-sister from other men, you went on to sexually abuse her. After considering evidence laid against you, it is clear you committed the offence,” said Mbobo.

“You are therefore sentenced to 16 years of which two years are suspended for five years you do not commit a similar offence,” he said.

Giving her evidence on camera, the 10-year-old girl said she was saved from the sexual abuse the moment her mother walked in.

“I woke up to notice that my brother was on top of me. He covered my mouth and raped me. I was only saved when my mother walked in,” she said.

Prosecuting, Robert Ndlala told the court that on a date unknown but in the month of October last year, the man went into the kitchen where his sister was sleeping with her five-year-old neighbour.

He sneaked into his sister’s blankets, covered his sister’s mouth with his hand and raped her once.

“The complainant’s mother went to the kitchen and opened the door that is when she caught the accused raping his sister,” said Ndlala.

The court heard that the accused stood up trembling and pleaded with his stepmother not to report the matter to the police.

The matter was later reported to the police leading to the accused’s arrest.

Zimbabwe News 

No comments:

Post a Comment