Friday 20 March 2015

PROF SOYINKA SAYS " POWER GRABBERS WANT TO TRUNCATE NIGERIA DEMOCRACY .

Hello guys ,


Power grabbers want to truncate Nigeria’s democracy - Soyinka.


In an interview with Sahara TV, Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, said 'illegal, sinister and power-grabbers' are bent on scuttling the country’s current democratic process, are agitating for an interim government and that president Jonathan knows these people.
“This is what bothers me deeply: There are people who see this as an opportunity for their own political and sinister activities in the country. Therefore, we are not even united against the dangerous enemy of the country. The elections themselves are being used as an opportunity of sowing bitter seed of discord and for power-grabbing.
“It is now an established fact that there had been moves towards scuttling the democratic process by instituting a so-called interim government. But the proof is there of some participants in meetings for the formation of an interim government. Why form an interim government when there is an electoral process?
"I went to President Jonathan and I asked him, and he was to all appearances outraged by the very suggestion. I remember he used an expression, ‘If such a thing is going on it is outside my wish or my will. After I have been elected by the entire nation, isn’t being the head of an interim government a demotion and an undignifying position?’
“Maybe there are forces in operation in this nation during this very critical period about which he knows of that is the answer which I could make and it is up to him to sort himself out in contending with these illegal forces,”
“I believe that these elections, going by his (Jonathan) body language… it is very difficult to penetrate truthfully and deeply into the minds of politicians… going by his body language, I think Jonathan has no intention of scuttling the elections.
“In other words, the elections would take place but what kind of elections would we have? And what might be the aftermath of the elections? He has repeatedly said, ‘I’m going back to Otuoke if I lose the election.’ I just hope we don’t wake up one day with our complacent attitude and find out that we, as a people, have been overthrown by very sinister, illegal and useless forces.” Soyinka said

Hmmmmm great write up or what do you think guys ?

No comments:

Post a Comment